16 August 2013

Groceries 02

Time for another groceries run down. On the topic, have you ever watched Supermarket Sweep on the retro game show channel? The best for shits and giggles, and munchies at that. Eighties fashion galore, too. Anyways, Tuesday night we finally checked out the Mexican joint in our neighbourhood called Mariachi’s. I had the enchiladas with rice and salad and it was really good so I’m going to try and make some for dinner tonight. I have been looking for canned baby mandarins with no such luck. When I used to work at McDonald’s, they had a paint can size one used for salads. So when I saw these Dole packaged ones, I picked them up even though they cost $4. I was also feeling fancy and picked up antipasto deli meat to eat with figs and goat brie. A bottle of moscato would be even better. But figs, I’ve only started eating them this year. They’re sweet, bite sized, and a bit grainy but I like em. They are mentioned a lot in the Bible. And I have a fig scented candle that smells amazing, though the fruit didn’t smell like the candle one bit.

2013-08-15 17.18.09
Clockwise from top: preserved baby mandarins, antipasto cured meats, shredded cheese, tortillas, Mexican chili powder, fresh figs, peeled garlic cloves, green bell pepper, white onions

No comments:

Post a Comment