02 August 2013

that time i made oxtail

Next to sushi, my second favorite thing to eat is probably jerk chicken. There is a place downtown called The Ritz, which despite the name is actually one of those hole in the wall gems. Their lunch special which is chicken (jerk, bbq or fried), rice and peas and coleslaw is killer. Not to mention it is only $4.99 before 3pm. And I love, love, love how they ladle oxtail stew gravy on the rice. I have never ordered oxtail stew there before, but the gravy is amazing. I suppose I am the type to order the same thing all the time if I really like it so jerk chicken it always is. But I was feeling adventurous and was too excited to find browning sauce at the drug store (of all places) on the corner. So I made some one day, and will make some for dinner tonight. MY STOMACH IS SMILING =) Nothing like comfort food when on your period.

No comments:

Post a Comment